Removing tobacco stains can be a real nuisance. It can be time consuming if the stains are present throughout the entire home. Here are some effective cleaning products that will help get the job done quickly.
You Will Need:
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Simple Green
- Rubbing alcohol
- Soft cloths or sponges
- Spray bottle
- Choosing the right cleaner will largely depend on the amount of space you are trying to clean. For larger areas, choose a cleaner that can be sprayed onto the walls and wiped off. For smaller areas, products like the Magic Eraser will work quickly and effortlessly.
- Once you have chosen your cleaner and gathered your materials, you are ready to tackle the cleaning job.
- Moisten a soft cloth or towel with the cleaning solution, or spray it directly onto the wall. Work in small sections no wider than 4 feet. It is also best to work from the top to the bottom to avoid dripping on the sections of wall that have already been cleaned.
- Use a circular motion to scrub the area with a sponge or soft cloth to remove the stain.
- Rinse with a clean cloth moistened with clean water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
- Move to the next section and repeat. Continue until all of the wall areas have been cleaned.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- If the stain cannot be removed, it may be easiest to paint over it with a primer and then the original color.
- Be aware that even though the stains may appear to be in one area only, once you start cleaning the walls, you may find that you are committed to cleaning them all to keep from the untouched ones appearing darker or dirty.
- Avoid applying too much pressure while scrubbing because it can damage the surface and remove some of the paint.