Dogs are man's best friend. They’re loyal, protective and loving and they deserve a lot of respect and appreciation for that. So if a dog owner has to take on a few extra challenges when decorating the home he or she will share with the pet, it’s worth it. Today we’ll discuss the flooring issue and analyze a few options that are suitable for dog owners.
- Keep in mind that pet nails can scratch or snag and this can damage some types of flooring more than others.
- Pet urine stains and leaves odors. Some types of flooring let you deal with these accidents better than others.
- Your dog will most likely track dirt indoors so you have to think about how easily you’ll be able to clean after, depending on the flooring you choose.
- You should make sure your dog has short and smooth nails to prevent damage to the floors.
- Keep the dog’s food and water in an area where you can clean easily and take this into consideration before choosing your flooring.
- Dogs are playful and they can unwittingly damage things inside the house. To avoid accidents, keep the toys in a separate area.
- Keep in mind that each type of flooring has both pros and cons so pick the one that best responds to your own needs and lifestyle.